0

Six Steps for Self-Hypnosis

Step One 

Find a quiet place where no one will disturb you during your self hypnosis session. Dim the lights and take the phone off the hook. You may play soft music in the background if you wish. Sit in your favorite chair and get in a comfortable position. I do not recommend laying down because this is often associated with going to sleep and the purpose here is not to take a nap. Leaning back in a recliner is fine if you do not associate this with taking a nap. Once you are comfortable, go to step two. 

Step Two

Focus your attention on a single spot. Turn your eyes up about 15 degrees as you focus on this spot. This spot can be an object in the room, a door knob, a corner of a picture frame, a light fixture, etc. Try not to blink your eye lids. As your eye lids start to get heavy, when you are ready, go ahead and close your eyes.


Take a deep breath and hold it for about three seconds and exhale very slowly through your mouth. As you exhale, mentally say the number 3 (three-e-e-e) until you expel all or most of the air from your lungs.

Take another deep breath and hold it for three seconds and again exhale very slowly through your mouth. As you exhale, say the number 2 (two-o-o-o) until you expel all or most of the air.

Take a third deep breath and hold it for three seconds and exhale very slowly through your mouth. As you exhale, say the number 1 (one-e-e-e) until you expel all or most of the air.

Step Three 

Now, imagine yourself in a totally relaxed state. To reinforce this state, relax each of your body parts. Start by saying, "My scalp is relaxing (pause), my forehead is relaxing (pause) my eyes are relaxing (pause), etc." This is easy to remember and do. Imagine your body starting at the top of your head and going down to your forehead, nose, mouth, face, neck, shoulders, upper arms, fore arms, hands, fingers, chest, stomach, waist, hips, buttocks, thighs, knees, lower legs, ankles, feet, and toes. "I am totally relaxed from the top of my head to my toes." Now, go back again and relax your major body parts. Saying, "My head is relaxed (pause), my upper body is relaxed (pause), my arms are relaxed (pause), my lower body is relaxed (pause), my legs are relaxed (pause), I am totally relaxed from the top of my head to the tip of my toes (pause). Each time I do this relaxation, I become more and more relaxed."

When you are doing this relaxation technique, do not just say the words, "My arms are relaxing, etc." Actually feel each part loosening up, releasing the tension and going limp. This will help you totally relax.
Step Four

Count backwards from 10 to 1, very slowly. For example, 10 (pause) "deeper" (pause), 9 (pause) "deeper" (pause), 8 (pause) "deeper" (pause), 7 (pause) "deeper" (pause), 6 (pause) "deeper" (pause), 5 (pause) "deeper" (pause), 4 (pause) "deeper" (pause), 3 (pause) "deeper" (pause), 2 (pause) "deeper" (pause), and 1 (pause) "deeper" (pause). Each (pause) should be about one second long. This will help deepen the hypnosis and make your subconscious mind ready for receiving suggestions.
Step Five 

Now that you are ready for receiving suggestions, give yourself these or other appropriate suggestions:
1 - Whatever my mind can believe, it can achieve.
2 - I am focused toward achieving my goals.
3 - I easily achieve my goals.
Step Six

Now it is time to end your self hypnosis session. Slowly count up from 1 to 5. For example, 1 (pause), 2 (pause) "Coming up.", 3 (pause) "Coming up.", 4 (pause) and 5 "Eyes open, alert, refreshed and feeling good."

When you give yourself a suggestion, repeat each suggestion three times. The first time, just say it as you would normally speak. The second time, put a little more emphasis on the key points of the suggestion (i.e., "Whatever my mind can believe, it can achieve."). The last time, say the suggestion with conviction and determination (i.e., "Whatever my mind can believe, it can achieve.").


Do not give yourself more than two or three suggestions at a time when you do a self hypnosis session. Also, keep your suggestions within a specific theme (i.e., goal achievement, weight reduction, smoking, etc.). For example, do not mix goal achievement with weight reduction suggestions. Keep it simple. You will get better results from your sessions.

Lastly, do your self hypnosis sessions at least once every day. Remember. You are changing a habit pattern. To effectively do this, you must practice every day until you achieve the desired results.

Using self hypnosis will enable you to achieve amazing results. You will dramatically increase your ability to accomplish the successes and happiness you want and deserve in your daily lives.
by Michael Setunsky

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Siguiente Anterior Inicio

Darkness Rises

Wicca's Greatest Sites